I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sinter Klasse Dag!

Today's Sint Nicholas Day, synonymus with our Christmas Day of Santa Claus. It's Sinter Klasse Day! Today's like a Xmas day for the Dutch. From what I was told, this Sinter Klasse Day is way before Santa Claus ever appeared. Today, Sinter Klasse will go around giving sweets to every little children & people he sees. If you've been naughty, no goodies for you! Parents give prezzies to their kids & friends exchange prezzies on this day...I wanna give you peeps prezzies too ;p Sinter Klasse came this morning. Before I headed for class this morning, I got a knock on the door & when I left, I saw sweets & biscuits on the ground. So happy to receive it!

During Dutch, our class watched a snippet of a video of Sinter Klasse. Nothing much lah juz that this video is meant for lil' children...well we're lil' kids learning Dutch. After that, I saw Sinter Klasse on the streets with Kwarte Piet (Black Piet), the one carrying his prezzies for everyone. Coincidentally, today's the day I chose to cook dinner for a German I made in class so it's part of sharing & giving for me too. Today's my 1st attempt in cooking BEE HOON!!! Tell you the truth, it's always scary & nervous to try something new as I'm afraid of failing (sounds familiar???), yah but I juz prayed for the food to turn out fine. My friend, Kristina, tried it and she liked (although it could be out of courtesy) but I took it positively. Not bad for the 1st attempt. Anyway, for those who tried my mum's cooking, damn good rite? Her Bee Hoon is one of my favourites and definitely mine's not comparable, but when I go back Singapore I shall cook it for all of you (whoever reads this lah!!!). At her place, she offered my hot wine (something from Germany) and I have to say that the sweetness of the wine juz comes out (ok I dunno the technical term for this) after heating it. So nice!!! It's really great have the Christmasy feeling though I have to mug for exams but I'm so looking forward to share the joy with family & friends when I'm back. Anyway we have 12 days of Xmas rite? and one of this day is reserved for my bims. Everyone try to make it okie? I would greatly appreciate your appearance.

Anyway...my dear BSR, since you have my blog addy, leave a msg when you pass by okie? Wanna try nice, yummy food? You're invited during CNY or maybe earlier since we're leaving in the same GRC. Looking forward to that : )


Happy Sinter Klasse Dag!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home